The City of Sun Prairie, Towns of Deerfield and Cottage Grove and the nonprofit Friends of Koshkonong Creek with support from Badger Farms are partnering with UniverCity Year from 2021-2024 to improve the Koshkonong Creek. This 36-mile creek runs from the City of Sun Prairie to Lake Koshkonong and requires upgrades and analysis as changes in development and the climate alter the watershed. The group hopes to study the creek and plan for its future.
- “Amplifying the impact of the Friends of Koshkonong Creek website.” Geography 309: People, Land, and Food. Holly Gibbs.
- “Developing a communication strategy for the Friends of Koshkonong Creek.” Digital Studies Certificate Program. TBD.
- “Exploring green infrastructure ideas for the Koshkonong Creek Watershed.” Civil & Environmental Engineering 421: Environmental Sustainability Engineering. Andrea Hicks.
- “Conducting a Koshkonong Creek drainage study.” Civil & Environmental Engineering 578: Senior Capstone. Mark Oleinik and Jan Kucher.
- “Removing Koshkonong Creek from the impaired waterways list.” Environmental Studies 972: Conservation Planning. Arlyne Johnson.
- “Modeling future development impacts in the Koshkonong Creek Watershed.” Landscape Architecture 311: Introduction to Design Frameworks and Spatial Technologies. Ed Boswell.
- “Mapping the Koshkonong Creek Watershed.” Planning & Landscape Architecture: Independent student research. Ed Boswell.
- “Building a data hub for Koshkonong Creek Watershed.” Landscape Architecture 311: Introduction to Design Frameworks and Spatial Technologies. Ed Boswell.
- “‘Exploring Koshkonong Creek Watershed governance options.” Urban & Regional Planning/Environmental Studies 865: Water Resources, Institutions, and Policies. Ken Genskow.