The City of Stoughton, the Stoughton Area School District and the Wahlin Foundation are working collaboratively to establish an Innovation Center and Lifelong Learning Network in the City of Stoughton to serve southeastern Dane County. By partnering with UniverCity Year from 2021-24, the groups hopes to expand the existing FabLab–an MIT-developed program that engages grade-school students in experiential learning–into a community-based innovation center in an effort to resolve workforce shortages. Read the 2023 report for project highlights.
- “Creating a renovation plan for Stoughton’s 1892 School Building.” Civil & Environmental Engineering 578: Senior Capstone Design. Mark Oleinik and Jan Kucher.
- “Creating a system design for Innovation Center Stoughton.” Industrial & Systems Engineering 450: Industrial Engineering Design II. Raj Veeramani.
- “Intersecting interests for Stoughton employers and the Innovation Center Stoughton.” Interdisciplinary Engineering 303: Applied Leadership Competencies in Engineering. Paige LaPoint and Greg Harrington.
- “Finding common threads for employees and sustainable workforce development in Stoughton.” Interdisciplinary Engineering 303: Applied Leadership Competencies in Engineering. Paige LaPoint and Greg Harrington.
- “Envisioning Innovation Center Stoughton.” Management and Human Resources 746/747: Impact Consulting for Arts and Cultural Organizations. Angela Richardson and John Syrdyk.
- “Exploring downtown redesign and preservation of Stoughton’s Depot Hill area.” Landscape Architecture 610: Landscape Architecture Seminar. Eric Schuchardt.
- “Planning a redevelopment framework for Stoughton’s Depot Hill area.” Landscape Architecture 611: Senior Capstone. Eric Schuchardt.
- “Exploring cooperative options with stakeholders of Innovation Center Stoughton.” Agricultural & Applied Economics 323: Cooperatives And Alternative Forms Of Enterprise Ownership.